This Page

has been moved to new address

Saving Time on Pinterest

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Saving Time on Pinterest

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Saving Time on Pinterest


If you’ve join Pinterest, you’ve probably see how it can easily become a time sucker. I love Pinterest, but to help manage my time online I needed to minimize the inspiration overload of my Pinterest home page.


Many times I simply go on Pinterest to find something I’ve previously pinned. But instead of going straight to the board where my pin was housed, I’d wander through the pins of those I follow for a few minutes (or more) first.

pinterest screen shot main page
Even if I go straight to my Pinterest profile page I can still get a little distracted. (Just look at all those pretty things!)


pinterest screen shot
So, now, when I need to find something I’ve pinned I simply type the pinboard name into my browser and go straight to the appropriate board. This way I’m able to bypass all of the new pin distraction and get right to what I’m looking for.

pinterest screen shot board
To go straight to a specific board simply type pinterest.com/your personal Pinterest URL/your board name. Dashes are placed between words and in place of apostrophes in the board title and symbols are omitted. You can easily find the URLs by looking at the address after you’ve click through to a specific board.

Here are some examples of my boards and the direct URLs.

Blogging = pinterest.com/heart4home/blogging

Healthy Eating & Real Foods = pinterest.com/heart4home/healthy-eating-real-foods

Alphabet Activities = pinterest.com/heart4home/alphabet-activities

By going straight to the board I need, I’m able to avoid wasting time and find the information I need more quickly. This is one of the ways I make Pinterest work for me.


Today’s Question: How do you deal with or avoid time wasters online?

Welcome to A Heart for Home! You can easily get
free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous andrea said...

i just joined Pinterest and i got no clue what to do - OY!!
but your post may be able to help me..... :D

March 22, 2012 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Shiloh said...

I like the idea of going straight to the board you need. Usually I don't know quite what I'm looking for, so I like to browse, but you're right, it takes time.:)

March 22, 2012 at 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Crystal said...

This is so awesome! I would LOVE for you to stop in and share it in my Mommy Solutions linky. You have such a great ideas! Feel free to share others, too. Thanks, Crystal http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/03/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-36/

March 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

It is very easy for me to get distracted on Pinterest! Thanks for this information.

March 23, 2012 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Linsey Knerl said...

Wonderful tip! I love this, and I am going to share it with my readers at 1099mom.com in the next roundup. Thanks!

March 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home