This Page

has been moved to new address

Finished Friday: Simplify Laundry By Keeping Track of Socks {come link up your finished projects, too!}

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Finished Friday: Simplify Laundry By Keeping Track of Socks {come link up your finished projects, too!}

Friday, February 10, 2012

Finished Friday: Simplify Laundry By Keeping Track of Socks {come link up your finished projects, too!}

I know we are not the only family who frequently finds ourselves at the mercy of the Sock Monster. Somehow, socks continually go missing in our home.

When I pinned this idea to my Home Organization board I knew it was something I’d need to try soon.

I didn’t think I could manage one bag for each person, but I thought one bag for my husband, me, and the baby and then another for the three older kids would work out well.

I found two lingerie laundry bags, one for our bedroom door and one for the kids’ bedroom door.

Every time we take a pair of socks off they go in one of these bags—easy as that.

When it’s time to wash clothes I simply zip up the bags and toss them into the wash machine along with our other dirty clothing. When I pull the bags from the dryer I know I have all the socks together and I even have them sorted by which room they belong in.

The kids have all done a great job adapting to this new system—now if I could just get the grownups to remember.

Lose Socks in the Laundry
Today's Questions: How do you help to tackle the laundry in your home?
I'm trying to hold myself accountable to finish some of the projects on my to do list by posting each Friday about a project I've completed.
Would you like to join in? Link up to your own projects below.
1. Link to your project post, not your blog's home page, so we can find it easily.
2. Let us know what project you are sharing in your title, for example: Spring Wreath
3. We'd love it if your post links back here so that your readers can come join the fun. Feel free to copy & paste our Finished Friday Button into your post. (Just copy the text in the box below the button, click on the "Edit HTML" tab for your post and paste it there.)

A Heart for Home


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! We'd love for you to subscribe
to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I am delighted to hear that "To Young Moms" was an encouragement to you, a mom who is right in the middle of the "hard" (and is doing a fabulous job!).

And I am planning on joining your "Finished Friday" someday soon. The key is actually...ummmm...finishing something. Gonna work on that! :-D

February 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home