This Page

has been moved to new address

Finished Friday: Our First Homemade Christmas Gift of the Year

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Finished Friday: Our First Homemade Christmas Gift of the Year

Friday, September 23, 2011

Finished Friday: Our First Homemade Christmas Gift of the Year


I'm trying to hold myself accountable to finish some of the projects on my to do list by posting each Friday about a project I've completed. For the most part these projects aren't part of my daily or weekly household chores, although some weeks finishing those items is a challenge all in its own.
In our bedroom closet there is a plastic tote already filled to the brim with Christmas gifts. Lots of these gifts are items we've purchased on clearance or at yard sales (many new items) already this year. However, we still have a lot of gifts to go since we have quite a few names left on our Christmas list.

Unless we find a great item at a remarkable price we generally make most of the gifts we give. Not only do I thoroughly enjoy crafting, but I can usually make gifts for less than we can buy them for as long as I use some creativity in choosing a gift and materials.

This year, Tim and I decided to let the kids make a lot of the gifts for their grandparents. This past week, Emahry and Jonathan made the very first one as part of their preschool workboxes.

I know these loom pot holders have been around forever, in fact I have a couple I made as a child, but the kids loved making it. It was also a completely free way for the kids to craft for their grandparents since the kit itself was a gift.

One down...oh, so many left to do.
What things have you crossed off of your list recently?
linking up to Frugal Friday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! We'd love for you to subscribe
to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home