This Page

has been moved to new address

Menu Plan Monday ~ April 11th

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Menu Plan Monday ~ April 11th

Monday, April 11, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~ April 11th

Well, we've been passing around a stubborn sinus cold for a week now. The kids seem to be on the upswing but I keep getting slammed with sinus headaches. Oh, and did I mention that the pollen is laying it on thick this spring? I hate really dislike allergy season.



Review of Last Week's New Recipes:

The Fried Rice never got made, but is on the schedule for this week.

Our version of Potato-Topped Mini Meatloaves were a huge hit (even though I forgot the gravy). I tweaked a couple different recipes and came up with a slightly sweet meatloaf that I baked in a jumbo muffin tray.

Potato-Topped Sweet Mini Meatloaves


1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup Italian Flavored bread crumbs



Makes 6 jumbo muffins (12 regular muffins).


1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Press into greased muffin trays.
3. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes plus an additional 10 minutes covered with foil. 
4. Invert onto cookie sheet then use spatula to transfer to plates. Topped with prepared hot mashed potatoes. 


Very good. Tim's favorite meatloaf recipe yet! 


We loved the Peanut Butter Pancake recipe. I substituted homemade kefir for the 1 cup of milk and added 6 Tablespoons skim milk. We also used coconut oil and Turbinado sugar. I meant to get pictures of these pancakes, but we ate them so quickly that I completely forgot (until it was too late). These will definitely be making their way to our meal plan again.

This Week's Menu

Monday: 
Fried Rice ~ using left over grilled chicken
Tossed Salad 

Tuesday:
Homemade Ham & Cheese Pizza Rolls (never got made last week)
Tossed salad

Wednesday:
Taco Salad
Baby carrots

Thursday:
Homemade Pizza (substitute whole wheat bread flour & unbleached all-purpose flour for the white flour)
Tossed Salad

Friday:
Leftovers (or pasta with red sauce)
Tossed Salad

Saturday: 
Sunday:
Tim's Grilling Night 

* Denotes new recipes to be reviewed at the beginning of next weeks Menu Plan Monday post.

Sharing alongside hundreds of other meal plans at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

What are you cooking this week? I'd love some new recipe links!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! We'd love for you to subscribe
to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny K said...

Oh my gosh....I had no idea there was a link up for Menu Monday! I've been posting my menus for awhile and didn't even think to look for one! So glad I came across your blog!

I'm your newest follower from the April Cloth Diaper Blog Hop! Can't wait to look at some of your menus. I'm always looking for new ideas!

April 11, 2011 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Ally Simons said...

Yum! Your menu looks awesome- sorry about the bug, we're just recovering from a nasty cold, too!

We are linked up with MPM, too- check out our menu at Tiny Wallet Style.com: http://www.tinywalletstyle.com/2011/04/menu-plan-monday_17.html

Have a great week!
From a fellow Allyson ;)

April 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home