This Page

has been moved to new address

Menu Plan Monday ~ February 14th

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Menu Plan Monday ~ February 14th

Monday, February 14, 2011

Menu Plan Monday ~ February 14th


Review of Last Week's New Recipe(s):

Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork

[IMG_2732.JPG]
I made this with a Bone in Pork Butt instead of a Boneless Pork Shoulder. The bone part was because that was all I could find. The butt part was because I switched out the package I had to get one a little smaller and accidentally picked up a butt (that's an odd sentence to type).

The bone ended up being no problem at all. I simple removed it when I pulled the pork out to shred.

The butt, I believe, ended up having a little more fat that had to be trimmed off in the beginning and also during the shredding process.

The flavor of this pulled pork was delicious! We served it over brown rice. It made 2 meals plus a little extra for our family of 2 adults and 3 little ones. All of the kids (ages 3 1/2, 2 1/2 & 1) loved it!

This Week's Menu:

Monday: Nothing fancy here today since we went out as a family on Saturday and Tim will be at a seminar all day. Leftover Papa Murphy's Pizza

Wednesday: Crock Pot Black Beans & Rice ~ no recipe really, just 2 cans black beans (rinsed), brown rice + enough chicken stock to cook rice, 1 can diced tomatoes, minced garlic and spices. So easy, but our family really likes it.

Thursday: Leftovers

FridayBroiled Tilapia with pasta and Parmesan sauce (didn't get to this last week)

Saturday: Pancakes, Cheesy Scrambled Eggs & Bacon

Sunday: Grilled Steak Fajitas (Tim is longing to fire up the grill!)
What meals are you planning for this week? Still looking for ideas? Visit Laura each Monday @ I'm an Organizing Junkie for over 300 Meal Plan ideas.

Linked to orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! We'd love for you to subscribe
to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara V said...

the crockpot recipe does sound great. looks like a good week.

February 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Marcia said...

I've always used a Boston Butt roast to make my traditional Christmas BBQ. It works great! My Aunt Sis was a Home Ec teacher and that's all she ever used (it's her recipe that's been passed down).

February 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I cant wait to grill either!! SO happy it is getting a bit warmer out!!

February 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Keli said...

Hubby grilled last night - 6 steaks (we had company over) but I think we were left with 4 and 1/2 steaks. We're having steak fajitas this week too.

I accidently bought a bone in pork butt last month and used it in my BBQ pork recipe it turned out amazing. Not sure if it was the different cut of meat or if my slow cooker skills are improving. LOL

Have a great week!

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

February 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home