This Page

has been moved to new address

Just Normal

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Just Normal

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Just Normal

I want to do His will.

I long to walk in His light through this busy, often mundane, messy, and sometimes downright draining season as a mama to three young children. Children from Him.

But then I get out of bed...

and I fail...fall...fail...fall.

Every. Single. Day.

Again and again.

I am selfish, hurried, frustrated, proud, defensive.

And then I think, "I'm just normal, this is normal."

Normal Christian, normal wife, normal mom, normal friend, normal neighbor. Normal life.

But, somewhere inside I don't want to be normal. Maybe you don't want to be either.

I want something more, something greater.

So I strive and strain. I push and plan.

And fail.

Then I remember. I remember the secret. He told me and I know he knows.
"Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave—"                                                ~Matthew 20:25-27

So today I strive to remember. I purpose to place myself lower. I learn to live in service to others. I desire to do what matters to him and them.

I see joy. Love. Eyes that appreciate...

and I feel...


GREAT!

How can you serve other's today at a cost to what you desire? How can you show other's the sacrifice of Christ through your own personal sacrifices?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! We'd love for you to subscribe
to receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

It so goes against our nature to be a servant. Even though I love my husband and children, it is hard to lay down my life for them-- to not complain when I must. But He asked us to do it and so I strive through my failings to do it anyway.

November 24, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home