This Page

has been moved to new address

Dollar Tree Hurricane Vases

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Dollar Tree Hurricane Vases

Friday, October 8, 2010

Dollar Tree Hurricane Vases

Lately I've seen lots of beautiful hurricane vases made from inexpensive glass vases and candle holders. Here are some pretty ones made from vases purchased for $3 at Walmart. These beautiful hurricane vases were made out of vases from the Dollar Tree. These varying height hurricane vases were, too!

So finally decided to spend a little more of my birthday fun money to purchase the supplies to make my own. (It's about time I spent some more since I'm due for another birthday in two months!)

Here's what I used:
2 tall glass candlestick holders = $2
2 short glass candlestick holders = $1
3 different sized glass vases = $3
1 frosted glass vase that I had at home (I couldn't let that lone short candlestick holder be left out) = $0
1 small tube of super glue that I had at home (hoping it works) = $0

I simply removed the price stickers, covered the top rim of the candle holders with super glue, centered them on the bottom of the vases and pressed the two pieces together. Then I weighed them down for a little while with some books. I made sure they were far enough from each other so if one fell over it wouldn't cause a domino effect.

Here's our new hurricane-style vase along with some friends. I decided to get them in different shapes and sizes because I'm a little eclectic and I love groups of three. The little frosted odd ball will find a home in the bathroom.



The kids and I will be collecting some fall decor on our walk that we'll use to fill these pretties. I think I might pull out some fall-colored ribbons as well.
What do you think? What would you fill these with for fall?
Check out more great ideas at Works for Me Wednesday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to A Heart for Home! Feel free to subscribe to
receive free updates through e-mail or our RSS feed.
Thanks for visiting and we hope you'll be back often!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh said...

candy corn!!! so cute as fall decor!

October 8, 2010 at 4:27 PM  
Blogger Niki Jolene said...

Acorns, leaves, mini pine cones, cinnamon sticks, river rock, candles, cranberries...oh the possibilities are endless!

I made some of those hurricane glasses last week. Love the variation of yours.

:)

October 8, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home