This Page

has been moved to new address

Valentine's Day Meal Idea

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Valentine's Day Meal Idea

Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Day Meal Idea

This is a delicious recipe that Tim and I really enjoy. It's also fairly easy, but the presentation is great making it the perfect thing for Valentine's Day (or any day).

Feta & Bacon Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
8 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 slices feta cheese or 1 cup crumbled feta
4 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix together.
Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour oil mixture over chicken.
Stuff each chicken breast with 1 slice feta cheese and 1 slice bacon. Secure open sides with toothpicks.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes.


We like to top the cooked chicken with a semi-sweet marinara sauce and serve it with either pasta, rice, or red skinned potatoes and steamed veggies.

Some Other Great Recipes:

Photo from Allrecipes.com

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger JessieLeigh said...

Ooh, sounds delicious! Bacon, cheese, garlic... what's not to like? I've never even seen sliced feta! Have you managed to find it like that before?

February 9, 2009 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

No, I've always used crumbled.

February 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only does it sound great, but it looks great, too! You should bring it by my Tasty Tuesday blog party tomorrow. I'd love to have you over!
-Kim

February 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alrighty then... after I make my Aussie Chicken this week I may have to try yours out. Looks delicious!

February 9, 2009 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Yum this looks so good. I am making a valentines recipe roundup and I would love to include this recipe.

February 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

What a yummy tackle:-)

February 10, 2009 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

That sounds great! I may have to make that on Valentine's Day! Thanks!

February 10, 2009 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My husband would totally love this . Thanks. I'm going to give it a try!

February 10, 2009 at 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you could join us for Tasty Tuesday with your beautiful recipe. My husband saw it and it seems like we'll be trying this recipe soon! Thanks so much!
-Kim

February 10, 2009 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I would LOVE to make this, at my house. The problem is that my husband wouldn't even try it, due to the feta cheese. His loss!! Thanks for the recipe. I am glad you joined us, today, for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

February 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Raise Them Up said...

Bacon, cheese, and chicken, my boys' three favorite foods! It looks wonderful! The only thing I need to pick up is the feta cheese. I wonder if you could use another kind of cheese...like swiss, or montery jack??

February 11, 2009 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

I'm sure you could give it another flavor with a different cheese. Experiment and let us know how it turned out.

February 11, 2009 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Bran said...

YUMMO!! I can't wait to make this! Thanks for the recipe!

February 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

This looks amazing - thank you for sharing. I have bookmarked this recipe for future menu planning!

February 12, 2009 at 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I make this for Valentine's dinner, my husband will surely be overjoyed!! Beautiful photo as well! So glad I found your site!

February 13, 2009 at 1:21 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm making it right now. Our local grocery store (read not a chain!) has feta by the chunk. It did crumble when I sliced it though. I'm trying tomato and basil feta cheese.

February 16, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home