This Page

has been moved to new address

Slurp & Burp

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: Slurp & Burp

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Slurp & Burp

I recently stumbled upon a great mom invention, the Slurp & Burp. Missy Reder, mother of four, created the Slurp & Burp, a unique nursing accessory that covers the breast without covering the baby, when she saw the need for mothers to be able to nurse discretely and comfortably in public.


The Slurp & Burp is a loop of layered cotton material that is worn like a sash over one shoulder of the mother and under her opposite arm. This design allows the mom to be covered not the baby. The Slurp & Burp also comes with the option of a sewn in burp cloth.

Here are a few special features of the Slurp & Burp taken from their website:
- All-in-one product for nursing and burping
- Securely loops around mom for complete coverage, no risk of falling off
- No more hassling with tucking blanket into bra straps or clipping
- Promotes mother/baby bond
- Comfortable for mom and baby—no more fussing with hot, sweaty blankets
- Machine washable/made of lightweight cotton
- Cost effective—price is comparable to the cost of just one nursing top
- Mom can keep her own style—no need to wear unflattering nursing tops
- Belly stays covered without the bulk of layering shirts or belly bands
- Made with love in the USA
- Compact, easily fits in purse or diaper bag
- Nursing can be done anywhere
- Able to breastfeed while wearing a dress

The Slurp & Burp comes in sizes XS to XL and is based on a simple measurement detailed in the size chart.

We received our Slurp & Burp a few weeks ago and have been trying it at home off and on since then. There is certainly a slight learning curve involved in using the Slurp & Burp with confidence. (Which is why you're not seeing photos of me nursing.) Thankfully, however we don't tend to nurse too much in public during the cold winter months. I expect that we'll have our act together by the time the weather gets nice enough for walks through the zoo and picnics at the park.

I was pleased with the quality of the construction and the thought that obviously has gone into this product, from the elastic loop to keep it wrapped tightly to the matching fabric bag. The Slurp & Burp also comes in a professional looking plastic pouch making it a perfect gift for a new mom.

Here's what some other moms are saying about Slurp & Burp:
Thank you so much for coming up with this!! I hated trying to use blankets to avoid flashing, as did my daughter! It's so easy to nurse anywhere no matter what I wear now. The Slurp & Burp has given me a nursing "wardrobe" and is so much cheaper than all the breastfeeding tops and dresses. When I have another baby I know I'll also appreciate the built-in burpcloth!
--Lauren & baby Sophie


"I tried your product a few times and love it! It really is discreet and easy to use. I can't believe no one thought of it already... seems so simple but perfect!"
--Cecilia & Baby


"I wanted to let you know how much I love your product! I have been using it so much more than the other nursing cover that I had purchased." THANK YOU!
--Janel & Baby Kiara


"I took it with me and everyone asked about it. Worked great, I'm really excited! Thanks so much for coming up with such a great product. I will suggest the Slurp & Burp to anyone I meet."
-- Debra & baby Jordyn Ava



Browse through all of the fabric choices at Slurp & Burp (http://www.slurpburp.com/).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I saw this somewhere else before and rememebered thinking that it was a neat idea!

February 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home