This Page

has been moved to new address

We're Ready, Baby... Well Maybe Not

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: We're Ready, Baby... Well Maybe Not

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We're Ready, Baby... Well Maybe Not

With less than 4 1/2 weeks until our due date, we're starting to get really excited for baby Jonathan's debut. However, it seems that the closer we get, the more there is to get done.

A few nights ago I realized that if he happens to come early he might very well be coming home wrapped in a pink receiving blanket. Since, this is only our second baby and our first boy, all the baby necessities we have are pink and purple.

With our daughter we knew we'd be having a baby shower so we registered at a couple different stores. We purposefully registered for some gender neutral items so that we would be able to use them for the next baby no matter the gender. However, once people find out you're having a little girl it is very hard to get them to pass up the pink for the green or yellow you registered for. So, almost all of our baby items are in various shades of pink and purple.

We have been generously given 3 large totes of boys' clothes (thanks Christy!), but most of them are 3 months and up, so for now it looks as though we'll be doing laundry every day to keep the few yellow and green outfits clean. No one will know if he wears pink at home, will they?

Edited to add: I just found 2 yellow & green receiving blankets and one of the receiving blankets you get from the hospital, so don't worry, we won't be bringing Jonathan home in pink. :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Babies grow out of the 0-3 size so fast that you shouldn't have to worry about that for long. My chunky babies were in 3-6 by a month old. You usually have people give you gifts AFTER baby is born, too, so maybe you'll collect a few boy colored items. :-) Wish I could help you out, but since I'm expecting a boy, too, within days of you, there isn't much I can do. :-)

September 17, 2008 at 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have 4 weeks... I have 12. Pretty close! I think the only one who cares what he wears home is someone not related. Eveyone else will just be in awe that he is here. And how cute he is. And how much they love him!

Many blessings-
Amanda

September 17, 2008 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Hyperactive Lu said...

Do you ever shop at Goodwill? I found quite a few baby items for my second baby there- sometimes a $1 a onesie or sleeper. Just an idea!

Thanks for the kind words. I can't imagine having babies so close, but like you said, God is in control and His way is best! :) I will keep you in my prayers and visit often!

September 17, 2008 at 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
I sure wish I could be there with you when baby Jonathan arrives. You all will be in my heart and prayers. Loved the coupon e-mail, I use coupons. If there is something I can do for you let me know, who knows I might just be able to do a long distance thing.
Love to all,
Aunt Jo

Made this recipe and we all loved it.

Pizza Cups
2 lbs. ground beef
2 jars pizza sauce (14 oz.)
Mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
sliced Pepperoni
30 biscuits, Pillsbury refrigerated
Fry hamburg until completely done; drain. Add pizza sauce. In greased cupcake pans add a biscuit to each hole. Press biscuit out to go up the side of pan. Fill with meat. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Bake 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 30 cups. Can also use green peppers, mushrooms or any toppings you want. This is a delicious recipe and easy to make.
I froze the extra sauce and also the pizza cups, just kept out a few. Take out of freezer and heat in microwave for about 20 secs.

September 18, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home