This Page

has been moved to new address

5 Reasons I Love Our Little House

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Heart For Home: 5 Reasons I Love Our Little House

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

5 Reasons I Love Our Little House

When I say little house, I mean it. In total our house is 936 square feet--smaller than the one bedroom apartment we use to live in. Living in a small space does have its disadvantages & there are definitely things we'll change as our family grows. However, right now I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. So, here are 5 Reasons I Love Our Little House.


#1 ~ It's easy to clean. With a total of five rooms, I can completely clean our house, top-to-bottom in a couple of hours.

#2 ~ It forces me to be organized. In a little house having a few things out of place makes a huge difference.

#3 ~ It's easy to keep track of our daughter, Emahry. During the day, we shut the bedroom doors. This means Emahry's almost always in the livingroom, although she does migrate to the kitchen and bathroom occasionally.

#4 ~ It helps us from becoming too materialistic. When you only have two closets and very limited storage space you are forced to keep only what you need or what you really love.

# 5 ~ It keeps us close. Literally and figuratively. We spend a lot of time together as a family instead of having each person in a different room by themselves. Even when we're not doing something together, we're more often than not in the same room. This reason alone is enough for me to love our little house.

Do you have any tips for living in a small space? Tell me about them by leaving a comment to this post.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Allyson,
I also live in a small space, but it's comfortable. Wish I had at least one more room for TV and Computer.
I like using pretty colored Totes, they are great for storage and if you put a pretty cloth on them or a nice Throw you don't even know it's a Tote and can be used to set things on.
Of course yes, don't keep things you don't need, too much to worry about.
If you fold clothes neatly then roll them, they take up less space in drawers.
Hope you guys are well,
Love always,
Aunt Jo

P.S. Am sending this from Granddad's and Grandma's email address as I didn't get your email about this blog. If there are some you don't have just ask, I have most all emails addresses, regular addresses and cell phone numbers.

September 12, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home